Saturday, March 14, 2009

The brutal truth...oh the things they say- part 2

So we were in the church lobby getting some things done while waiting for the host family meeting yesterday. Since we had some extra time, I decided to get all the kids together for a "manner meeting" before they headed out for the weekend. One thing we were reviewing was what to say when a host family asks the kids what they would like to do. Jonathan quickly spoke up and explained, "last time the host family asked me what I wanted to do and I just said, 'anything,' and then the host family said, 'ok, we will wash the car'." Without missing a beat, Francis looks over to Jonathan and says, "That's what we call a joke!"

Before I share another story I must say up front that our chaperone, Jennifer, gave me permission to share this. Sooo...

Not long after the "manner meeting," Blanca (our youngest little Guatemalan girl) was sitting with Auntie Jennifer. She was looking at her face and suddenly blurts out, "Auntie, you have only one booger!" She announced it as if it was some kind of great accomplishment. You know it's always the worst when you look in the mirror only to find that nobody told you that you had a booger. I think Blanca's approach was great. Next time I see somebody with a biv (booger in view), I think I am just going to politely say, "excuse me, you have only one booger."

3 comments:

Rachel said...

TOO cute!!

I can't help but think how Blanca might utilize this approach to "softball" other statements. . .

"You're only 100 pounds overweight!!"

"You are prettier than one person I know!"

I like her style!
:)

Tiffany said...

Haha! Yeah, she's pretty clever! :)

Ann Marie said...

Ha! that's great! Hmmm...but probably wont teach that one in my etiquette classes! :)

They all have a story...

This year's children came to us all the way from Nepal, Uganda and the Philippines. Most of them come from children's homes, but they all have a story of trials that God has brought them through. Some of them have faced things in their young lives that most of us won't face in a lifetime. We praise the Lord for the ministries that love and care for these kids, and most importantly, are teaching them what it means to live for Christ. These children are the future Christian leaders to some of the most unreached areas of our world. We are so blessed to be able to disciple them and have them here as missionaries to the U.S. this year.

give hope

Everywhere we tour, people have the opportunity to give HOPE by sponsoring a child. Just $30 a month provides a little boy or girl with food, clothing, medicine and an education, but it also gives that child the opportunity to hear about Jesus...the only HOPE for eternity! Maybe this is something you've always wanted to do, but you just wanted to make sure it was a trustworthy organization. Maybe you came to a concert and are still thinking about it. Whatever the case, we hope that you will prayerfully consider sponsoring a child. There's no better time to invest in eternity! 

Tour Schedule

'09-'10 tour schedule to come...we'll be heading west this year!